info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a samsung flatscreen TV and the column control button

Customer Question

I have a samsung flatscreen TV and the column control button on the screen is stuck and cannot control the column, it's stuck at 0. I press the volume button on the side of the TV and the volume goes up but as soon as I take my finger off the button the volume goes back to zero. I've changed the batteries in the controller and its not that because everything else works. Why's my volume control stuck on the screen?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Welcome
Thanks Question

2 things can cause this I will begin with the less likely

Take the batteries OUT of the remote so its dead, then try to manually adjust the volume at the set itself do you now have control or is it the same please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried this as per your instructions and this does not rectify the problem

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Claire I understand but that does need to be done first

Claire the problem is the volume control itself at the set itself
The tact switches on the function board just behind these controls go bad, a quick workaround is to disconnect the function board by pulling out the lead that feeds it, the functions (volume/channel change)wont work on the set itself however thats seldom used.
Do you think you can do this?the set will then work normally with the remote

Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Claire do you still need anymore help with this please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I've given up and tried everything you have suggested. I now need to get an Engineer out to my house

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Claire the one thing you could not have tried is the answer to the problem which I indicated earlier but I do understand as its not taking the back off the set and carrying out a task

Let me know if I can do anything else

Hopefully I have provided enough information to warrant a positive rating, there will be a rating bar with this post, I don't receive anything from the site until you rate the answer positively thanks again

Anthony