How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 1857
Experience:  Ready to answer your Television questions
Type Your TV Question Here...
Thomas is online now

ThereMr hopeless here again , my problem this time is

Resolved Question:

Hi There
Mr hopeless here again , my problem this time is I live in Tain in the north of Scotland, this is a bad reception area, and tv can only be received via satellite dish ie SKY,
At the moment I have a sky box in the downstairs living room, I have a cable running from downstairs to the bedroom, enableing me to view what is on downstairs, I would like to have the same facility in my other bedroom, I have heard there is a remote device or devices that would enable me to do this without running more cables, can you advise if you know of such a device
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

If one of your TV's or the Sky Box (preferably the closest one to the new bedroom TV) has composite out (the red white and yellow jacks) available you can use THIS DEVICE to transmit the picture to the new bedroom. If you don't have an extra composite out (not in) you'll need to also purchase 3 of THESE ADAPTERS for use on your sky box to spit your composite out in to 2 outs. Make sense?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry told you MR hopeless, that is proper advice no doubt, to me gobbly gook , maybe I did not explain, I have a lead from my sky box running to one tv upstairs , I know I can run another lead through walls etc to the other tv, I was led to believe rightly or wrongly there was some sort of remote device I could plug into my tv to pick up the signal, without running cables, probably picked it up wrong, thank you for trying anyway

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
There is, and I linked you to such a device in my previous answer. CLICK HERE to see it again. It is an audio/video transmitter and receiver.

Think of video and audio signal flowing like water. It is just a series of outs and ins. We want the water to flow from your sky box to the bedroom. So the signal will flow OUT of your sky box IN to the purchased transmitter, then OUT of the transmitter IN to the receiver in the bedroom, then OUT of the receiver IN to the red, white and yellow jacks on your TV.

Can you check your sky box and see if you have red, white and yellow OUT jacks?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I only have red and white jack plug on sky box, but red white and yellow on TV

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a red white and yellow OUT on one of your tv's or just IN's?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
CLICK HERE and tell me, is this what the back of your Skybox looks like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry Thomas but sky box has a uk scart lead, it is different from the US one as I think you have shown, the red and white jacks I spoke about are audio I think. I will just leave it for now, as I said I am mr hopeless, thank you anyway

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Ah, well it is possible to get converters for those. CLICK HERE to see several options.
Thomas and 3 other TV Specialists are ready to help you

Related TV Questions