Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I Havesony KDL4611X803 3Dtv. is i possible to update my internet

I Havesony KDL4611X803 3Dtv. is i possible to update my internet options ie ITV Player or any other apps?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Nathan :

That model number doesn't look quite right, could you check it again for me please?

Customer:

ITS A SONY 3DTV Bravia kdl

Nathan :

I understand it is a sony, and it will stat with KDL, but some of the other model info you provided doesn't match up. Can you have another look please. You may have mixed up some numbers with letters (3 for E, 0 for 0, L for I or 1, etc)

Customer:

the only thing i can see is Bravia kdl46hx903.i have looked on the i manual but and it is setup for automatic updates,but there are several stations i cannot acces ie itv plaver its a see it again feature if yyou miss the origanal program

Nathan :

Thank you for the update. That is the model number that I needed.

Nathan :

The auto update function you have is enabled correctly, the system will install any available updates.

Nathan :

However, as this is a 2010 model, there haven't been any recent updates, and I wouldn't expect any future ones, unless there is a specifically operational defect that has to be corrected. There would be no new features added to this model.

Nathan :

The only apps that are available, or realistically ever will be available, are already installed. You cannot add any other apps. This is a limitation of the tv hardware and firmware. It isn't possible to add apps from google/amazon/etc marketplaces, the tv runs specially designed firmware and apps to fit its memory/processing capabilities. The apps it has now are actually written by Sony (not by netflix, youtube, etc).

Nathan :

So unfortunately adding new apps isn't an option to add to this model, at least not via its native "smart" platform.

Nathan :

It is possible however to connect an external streaming device to the tv, such as a roku, that will have many more apps available, and is better supported.

Nathan :

Full Size Image
Roku Streaming Stick (click for link)

Nathan :

or

Full Size Image
Amazon Fire TV (click for link)

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.