Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have just purchased a panasonic TX-50A300B LEd Television

I have just purchased a panasonic TX-50A300B LEd Television and am trying to setup the sky remote control using code 0051 which does not connect. can you advise me of another code to try?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

There is just one specific IR code set for this exact model tv. That is 4216.

Nathan :

Please give that one a try. As an alternate, though not fully compatible, you can try 3825.

Nathan :

It is possible, however, that no matter what code is used, your remote will not be able to control the devices you wish to use it with. Cable/satellite/AV Component manufacturers include basic functionality for common devices at the time the remote is made, but are not able to provide coverage for every make and model, and are not able to update for every new device that comes out, so there is no guarantee of compatibility.

Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes (including the one that came with your system.)

Customer:

Thank you for your advice. The control inquestion worked with the previous tv. i will try these codes in the next hour and let you know.

Customer:

many thanks.

Nathan :

you're very welcome, and best of luck to you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.