Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

In November I bought the 46" full hd 1080 smart LED tv.WE

In November I bought the 46" full hd 1080 smart LED tv.
WE like it very much I am profoundly Deaf and therefore use earphones but the 'phones cut off the normal sound, our previous TV allowed the use of phones and normal sound thus my wife and I were both happy ---can you help please.
steve
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Could you please tell me the brand and the full model number of the tv? (hd, 1080p, led, etc are all features).
Please also clarify which earphone connection you are using. Does the tv have an actual 3.5mm minijack plug?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve, did you still need help with this?
Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2nd attempt to reply!

For some inexplicable reason your reply came to wife's in box

Please use "*****@******.***

the TV IS SAMSUNG 46"FULL HD 1080p SMART LED TV

UE46F5300 BLACK

YES IT HAS AN EARPHONE JACK NOT SURE OF SIZE BUT IT FIT PREVIOUS TV AND SEEMS A STANDARD SIZE

HOPE YOU CAN HELP STEVE

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve,
sorry for the account issues. Unfortunately I can't adjust anything on your account, or even see your email address. The account for this site must be in her name. If you go to MyAccount at the top of the page, you can change it there.
Hopefully you'll receive my reply when it comes through here.
This is a common problem with these newer tvs. Most don't even have a headphone jack in the first place, and of those that do they typically cut the main speakers when in use.
There is a way around this, but it requires a bit of extra equipment.
What you'll have to do is forego the actual headphone slot, to keep the main speakers going for her. You'll then use the digital audio output, which should always be on, connected to a small converter box that can then drive the transmitter for your headphones.
Example:
http://amzn.to/14Xt81k