carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

Samsung 32 " model UE32D5500 good tele however just recently

Samsung 32 " model UE32D5500 good tele however just recently felt Netflix was a good idea. It will not load as an app. It is not in the Samsung app store on the screen. However what I did find yesterday was that when I changed the area to USA it loaded and also other Apps such as you tube which were not on before.
Changed it back to UK Netflix ws removed some of the other apps stayed. I am watching it using Chromecast okay however our bedroom TV is a smaller Samsung TV and that has the Netflix app, any help much appreciated.
Tony
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Please update your TV to the latest firmware which you can obtain by going to this webpage and entering the full model number

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/category/tvav/television/

You will see the firmware listed at the bottom left. You need to download this to your computer and then run the .exe file. Now put the folder that is produced onto a USB key. Make sure that only this folder is on the USB key. You can then install this firmware using the TV menu.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done this as already stated. Still will not put netflix on as an App. If you change country code it will but when reverting back to the Uk it removes Netflix. I need to find out expert please.!!!

Sorry but you didn't state that you had updated the firware so I will opt out
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
,
My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.
I am sorry but it is not possible to download netflix to a samsung series 5 tv if you are based in the UK this is due to licensing issues. I don't know exactly why you cannot have it but it is often down to content and what is allowed to be streamed in each country.
I think the only way to watch it would be by using the chromecast like you are doing. I would suggest you email netflix and ask about the app/licencing issues the more people that ask app the more chance of it being released on the series 5 tv.
I am sorry I cannot help more.
Regards,
Carl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You Carl

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome
carlday1, Technician
Experience: Self Employed TV Engineer