carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

,i have a 60 inch tv,model no 60pc45/zb,fault now with tv,when

Customer Question

hi,i have a 60 inch tv,model no 60pc45/zb,fault now with tv,when switching on green light now flashes 4 times,no picture then goes to standby red light
Category: TV
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The issue may be the Y-sustain board or capacitors on the power supply. Are you going to repair this yourself?

canuck the pro :

If you are going to repair yourself you would want leave it unplugged for at least an hour then remove the back. Start with an inspection of the capacitors on the power supply. Failed capacitors would be bulging out of the top. A good capacitor will be completely flat on top.

canuck the pro :

Let me know how you would like to proceed when you are able. I will be happy to help.

JACUSTOMER-sumnnani- :

I still havent had an answer to the question unfortunatly,I cannot give rating

canuck the pro :

I cannot tell you for sure what is wrong with the tv without opening it. It is almost certainly the capacitors on the power supply. I am not asking for you to give a rating for the question but it will help if you will let me know what plan of action you would like to take. Are you planning on repairing the tv yourself or are you trying to get an idea of what is wrong before having it repaired.

JACUSTOMER-sumnnani- :

have a mulitimeter available to test any parts of pcb,was hoping light display flashing so many times would make diagnosis easier

JACUSTOMER-sumnnani- :

i could fix myself if i could fault find with lg engineer which this site gave me yourself,also to get part no of faulty part,if its easier to talk on phone call *********** ta

canuck the pro :

I am going to have to opt out. I have not been able to be online when you are. Hopefully another expert will be online at the same times as you are.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Have you removed the back from the tv yet?
There is a lot you can check with your multimeter when the back is off the tv, It could be as simple as the capacitors unfortunately they can be faulty and not bulge and you need a special meter to check them but a quick check is to look for domed tops.
I have the service manual and I cannot find any mention of a faulty with 4 flashes of led. I will continue to look into it for you.
If you could check the capacitor tops to see if any are domed, there is a repair kit available for the power supply and it does include capacitors so they would be a good place to start.
Make sure the set is unplugged and has been for a while before you have a look inside. There is a lot of voltage in the set when powered on over 380V so be very careful if you carry out live testing. The big capacitors on the power supply may still have charge after several hours of the set being unplugged so best to avoid them or discharge them.