carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

I have a digihome tv, 50 inch when plugging in a dvd player

Customer Question

I have a digihome tv, 50 inch when plugging in a dvd player using scart lead there is a lot of green. All blues are green. I also cannot get it to tune into BBC1 or BBC2
Category: TV
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. What type of cable do you have connected?

JACUSTOMER-tlpf60v1- :

scart lead, and have tried 2 different ones

JACUSTOMER-tlpf60v1- :

2 different scart leads

JACUSTOMER-tlpf60v1- :

any reply for my question

canuck the pro :

Sorry about the delay. I am not familiar with a scart lead. Is that 3 different cables?

canuck the pro :

I will opt out for now as I am unsure what type of cable that is.

JACUSTOMER-tlpf60v1- :

ok

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different Expert. Scart leads do carry different components of the colour within the various connectors within the cable itself. However you mentioned that using the same DVD player and same Scart lead on a different set- the problem was not there.
Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the Digihome set, and also tell me how long you've owned it for, and when the problem occurred?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant get to the back of the tele at the moment. It is 3 months old, bought from the Co-Op. The tele looks great on TV and when I put in a memory stick. Its when I plug in a stand alone DVD player. either with a scart lead, or with the three wire adaptor that cam with the tele. The wires are yellow, red and white, outputs, then as a single small jack plug into the tele.

I also have no BBC1 or BBC 2 showing on the freeview list of channels showing on the TV programmes list, even though old tele did pick up all terrestrial TV..

Ideas please

on the receipt it says its a 50"

50273 SM FHD LED TV.. hope this helps.

I have taken one tv back already, for exactly same problem

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, if you've taken one set back already, then it sounds like the issue regarding the Scart and the DVD player, must be isolated to the player itself of Scart cable. I realize you've tried another TV and stated the DVD and scart work fine, but please try another DVD player and Scart cable on this TV and let me know what happens. I can tell you with certainty that it's not a "setting" or "adjustment" issue with the TV and something hardware-related (cable, connection, player) is causing it.
Without the model number I cannot look up specifics to address the BBC issue.
Let me know what happens with another player and another Scart cable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure if it help, but i can adjust the RGB setting, as at present all blues are heavy green. I can adjust the r, G, and B separately on a slider option.. Is the number I sent not the model number?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Ah yes, I see the model at the end of your post. Unfortunately I cannot locate any information on this set, as Digihome is what's known as an "off-brand". I will need to open the question up for other experts to assist.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try and help with your question. Please could you send me the model number of your dvd player so that I can look into the colour issue with the set.
With regards ***** ***** missing bbc channels could you let me know if you have a picture on channel 120 and 121 on freeview. If you could also send me your postcode I will look into the correct freeview multiplexs for you.