Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

Have a Hitachi 28 Tv wish to wall mount it 28HYJ45U have

Customer Question

Have a Hitachi 28 Tv wish to wall mount it 28HYJ45U have already tried fitting several brackets.

Please can you tell me the actually wall bracket I need to purchase

Category: TV
Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks question! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help.

The 28HYJ45U is officially listed as having a 100mm VESA pattern on its back (have a look >>here<< if you're not sure what that means).

A 100mm VESA pattern is really common...in fact, most wall mounts are capable of mounting your TV. Perhaps you weren't lining the holes up correctly?

>>Here<< is an example of a wall mount that will work with your TV.

At any rate, if you'd like, you can post a close up picture of the back of the TV so I can confirm that it is, in fact, a 100mm VESA pattern.

Let me know.

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The bracket only has a depth of 18mm, due to the TV having a DVD the depth on the back needs to be 35mm min.

the holes vesa 100 x100 - top holes r get the very top of the tele.

I worked in engineering years, so have knowledge and didn't locate in the wrong holes.

Feel you need to look at the tv to understand the problem.

Contacting you solution, as have looked at many sites already,

thank you

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Andy, thanks response.

I'm not sure what you mean by this:

"depth on the back needs to be 35mm min"

Also, are you saying that the 100mm VESA pattern lined up OK, but the screws weren't acceptable?

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The bracket you suggested only has a depth of 18mm,

Due to the TV we are discussing, having a DVD the DVD is placed on the right hand side, which extends the depth on the back, so the bracket needs to be 35mm min depth,

the hole pattern is 100x100 square, but the top locating screws are at the very top edge of the tv ( so not centre on the tv)

the brackets I have used are fine and location the 100 x100 holes, but due to the bracket in a universal one the 200x 200 holes extend above the top of the tv

depth on the back needs to be 35mm min"

Hopefully I have answered this above (if not, the dvd is on the back and has a depth of 35mm) so I cant use a flat bracket unless it has that dept

Again hopefully I answered above (if not holes are fine, depth not on your bracket and on my brackets the bracket is sticking above the tv)

As said you need to look at the back of the tv so get a visual if not understanding what I have write

Andy

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Andy,

Please post a picture of the back of the TV, thanks.

Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dan T. replied 2 years ago.
Oh, I see now. Thanks.

You need an articulating mount to negate the 35mm requirement, and the plate should be dual 75/100mm mounts (as opposed to 100/200 which sticks up above the top).

Have a look at >>this one<< and tell me what you think. There is not a special mount model. Confirmed with Hitachi service.

Dan