Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My husband set up the 42hyt42u television this afternoon. There

My husband set up the 42hyt42u television this afternoon. There was a picture, but the clarity was not that good, BUT, now the screen has hone blank, and he cannot get the picture back. Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
and sorry you're having problems.
Is this TV brand new?
Also, when trying to get the MENU to display, was the original remote being used?
Does the sound still work on the set right now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the tv is brand new. The remote control which came with tv is the one being used. Yes, the sound is there, it is just the screen, which was working, and now gone completely blank.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you reply. Offhand this is really bad news, since there are no settings or adjustments in the set that will cause or prevent the TV's Input and MENU icons from displaying on screen. This is indicative of a locked up processor, or an actual hardware fault in this brand new TV.
The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and let me know if there are any signs of life at all on the TV. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
, instructions carried out, and we have a picture again, plus we are able to change channels. BUt, we had this, this afternoon. If, it goes off again, does it mean I should take it back to Argos, or what. Many thanks help.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, and I'm glad to hear it's currently working. Yes, if the issue happens again AND the TV's Native MENU does not show up then this is in fact a hardware issue with the TV causing it, and you would need to return the set to Argos exchange anytime within 30 days from the date of purchase.
If satisfied, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING? I am not an employee, and the rating is how I am credited.