Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I got a 32 inch bush tv it will not tern on its on stand

I got a 32 inch bush tv it will not tern on its on stand by and that's it could u help please thank u.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Nathan :

Could you give me the full model number of the tv please?

Nathan :

Are there any signs of life at all? Any brightness from the screen, clicking sounds, flashing power/status light when you try to turn on, etc?

Customer: Sorry Nathan I haven't got model number it's my partners tv and she lives in Plymouth she has tried to tern tv on with tv button and remote and the stand by light is on all the time.
Nathan :

I can give you some general background info, but I'm afraid I can't get into specifics without a model.

Nathan :

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear. These bush tvs in general are low quality and tend to be very short lived. They are the store brand , and generic tvs like this typically will last only a few years.

Nathan :

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation
1) Unplug the power cord from the tv at the mains

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

Nathan :

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around £250 , parts, and labor.

Realistically though, tv of this size/brand, once it is past the manufacturer warranty, it isn't practical to fix. You can buy a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty than you'd pay to repair this one.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Customer: If it's ok with u could I get back to u tomorrow as my other half is working tonight and I will get model number and could it be u please thank u.
Customer: Thank u Nathan help I think I will get a new TV.
Nathan :

Yes that would be just fine, your'e welcome to get back with me later if needed.

Nathan :

As long as you come back to this same page:
http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/8vx6o-32-inch-bush-tv-will-not-tern-its-stand.html?src=pql&sso=1

Nathan :

you'd be back with me directly. Don't post a new question on the same topic, as you'll end up with someone else and be charged again.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan