Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

TV LCD Sony KDL32EX713 purchased 11/03/11.Our BBC iPlayer

TV LCD Sony KDL32EX713 purchased 11/03/11.
Our BBC iPlayer stopped working on Saturday. After going back to factory settings it worked again on Monday. Now it won't work at all beyond BBCiPlayer Loading screen. Looking for help with this online I see we could now get the 30 day iPlayer. But I can't find out how to get it. Can you help?? Margarita Reeve
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Margarita.
The tv may simply need a firmware update - the latest update was released just on the 12th of this month.
Initially, I'd like you to check the current version for me to help determine if that is the case:
Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu
Navigate to Product Support category and press OK.
Navigate to System Information and press OK.
On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear
if the version number is ***** or higher you already have the most recent firmware. If you see a lower number, then you need to update, and I'll explain further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. ***** number is ***** the same as the one you mention.

Margarita

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
The entire number matches exactly, including the -0108 at the end?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Absolutely.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for confirming. That doesn't preclude this from being a firmware issue still, it may simply be that the latest update didn't address this particular problem, especially if it is related only to iplayer.
Are you still able to use other apps like netflix?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well we only use iPlayer but last night I looked at other sites on the TV to see if they would connect and they did.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for checking. So that means this is a service (bbc/iplayer) specific issue. That may require another (future) update to be released by Sony to correct this. In the meantime, what you can try is to go into your iplayer account online from the computer, look for an option to unlink/deregister devices, and disconnect the sony from your account.
Factory reset the tv again. Then go back into iplayer to reregister it.
If still no change, then that is the limit of what you can do on your end, and will have to await another update from sony to correct this. In the interim, you can always connect an external streaming device like a roku or even a computer to the tv to get the iplayer functions.
Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I really don't know what this means: "look for an option to unlink/deregister devices, and disconnect the sony from your account" The Sony is not connected to my computer.

I don't know what this means either: "you can always connect an external streaming device like a roku or even a computer to the tv to get the iplayer functions".

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
I'm not saying the sony is connected to your computer.
I was directing you to go into the settings for your iplayer account, online (from your computer). From there you should see the option to unlink the sony, as well as other devices you may have set up to use the iplayer service.
If all else fails, and you're stuck waiting on an update from sony, I was suggesting that at that point you could connect the computer to the tv (using tv as a computer monitor) to stream your iplayer shows that way, until it is fixed.