Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Am Having difficulties tuning the recorder in relation to my

Customer Question

Am Having difficulties tuning the recorder in relation to my skybox. I can play Dvds , but I want to copy programmes I have copied on to the sky box. When I try to use set up, auto tuning, It only recognises Itv channels not the BBC ones, nor the programmes recorded on the sky box. I would appreciate your help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you please tell me how you currently have everything connected (tv, sky box, toshiba box)?

JACUSTOMER-umgl73fl- :

The connections seem ok otherwise I would not be to play DVDs or tune to ITV stations not BBC,

JACUSTOMER-umgl73fl- :

I suppose it is correctly connected as I can play DVDs and imagine that the problem is about tuning the Toshiba correctly as that it is in sinc with the Sky box so that I can copy programmes that I have saved on the sky gold box

Nathan :

The issue here is that you won't really be using the toshibas internal tuner, unless you had it connected to a separate aerial for freeview channels.

Nathan :

Rather you'd output (composite/component video) from the sky box to the toshiba, which would then record whatever content the sky box is displaying/playing back.

Nathan :

You certainly can record on it this way, the downside to consider is that it is a real time recording, so dubbing a 1 hour program from the sky box would take 1 hour, and you can't use other functions at the same time.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.