Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

no picture or sound

no picture or sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
and sorry you're having problems.
Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?
Also, how long have you owned it when did the problem occur?
Are there ANY signs of life at all on the set (power light lit or blinking, click sounds. etc.)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes there is life there was sound no picture now have no picture or sound had the tv months model number uf66320ak

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If you could- please elaborate "yes there is life"? I need to know EXACTLY what the TV is doing or not doing right now, and I need you to describe it to me please- since I am not there to see the set.
What specifically happens when you attempt to power up the set- please be descriptive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it turns on and off i can turn the volume up and down that is it

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, if there is no picture or sound, I'm assuming you're able to see the volume bar on the screen correct?
Now, what I need to know, is what source are you trying to view from (Cable/SAT box, DVD,etc.)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no volume bar but can here the sound of the volume getting louder cable/ sat box

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I thought you said there was no sound? I am reliant on the information you provide in order to try and correct this problem.
Additionally, is the screen pitch black as if the TV were OFF?
Was this set purchased BRAND NEW and from an Authorized Retailer 6 months ago?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the only sound i have is when i press the vloume key but no sound from any programs running i bought the tv off amazon yes the screen is black

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, if the screen is black- this is a hardware fault within the set. There are no settings or adjustments that will PREVENT the TV's internal MENU, Volume Bar, or Source indicators from displaying on the screen. The only thing that can cause it, is a fault in the backlighting circuit. Additionally no sound indicates a fault in the Mainboard.
Please confirm that you are attempting to use the original TV remote to check /Input and MENU, and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the original tv remote

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, this can be caused by one of two things (and most commonly, it's a hardware fault within the set I'm afraid).
Please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the touch sensitive power button on the TV itself (not the remote), seconds and release.
Wait a full minute, then press and hold the power again while plugging the set back into power. Let me know what happens once the set has been power cycled in this manner.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok got sound now but no picture

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Still no response from MENU on the screen- completely black?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is football on the tv i can here the them commentating but a black screen yes

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
We're only concerned with if anything displays on the screen. Since it remains black, then unfortunately this indicates a fault in the backlight circuit of the TV that does require service I'm afraid. Since you purchased this set brand new 6 months ago, it would still be under the "Manufacturer's Warranty" (one year in most cases)< and I would suggest contacting the seller and have them forward you the information to start a Warranty Repair Ticket on the set.
I'm sorry bad news, and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know, and once satisfied with the service I've provided (not the problem with the TV), please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited.