Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

, I have a Samsung UE48H6670 LED TV. I have been trying

, I have a Samsung UE48H6670 LED TV. I have been trying to connect my active monitor speakers via the Audio connectors and have gone into the menu and selected audio out but despite this I cannot get the sound to come from my monitors. They are switched on and the volume setting are at 50%. -----Update: Removed speaker cable from audio outputs on back of TV and connected them to my Sky+ box. Speakers are outputting the sound but there is a delay of approx. 1-2 seconds ie - not in sync!! Regards Pete

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
, What is the make and model of your speakers, and are they currently connected to the Sky box using a digital or analogue connection?
Additionally, have you tried a full reboot of the Sky box by disconnecting it from power seconds and plugging it back in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aric, My speakers are Yamaha MPS-5 they are active monitors. They are analogue and are connected to the audio inputs on the rear of ther Sky+ Box. The problem I am still having is a delay from the digital signal of the TV image and the analogue sound coming via the Yamaha's. It's about 1 second behind. Cheers Pete

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Have you tried a reboot of the Sky box?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have rebooted Sky Box. Same problem. I guess I need an amplifer with a digital output.. Thanks assistance.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks reply Pete.
Yes, since there's no way to remove the delay from the Yamaha speakers- and the TV's speakers are decoding in Digital, then an amplifier with Digital connections would be needed.
Or as a workaround, you could turn the TV's speakers all of the way down, and simply use the Yamaha speakers (although a slight delay between video and audio would still likely be present).
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
, I just wanted and see if you received all of the information you needed?