info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

my samsung le40d503f7w40" has problem the screen has turned

Customer Question

my samsung le40d503f7w40" has problem the screen has turned upside down.how can i fix this.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Have you done any work on the set like replaced a board in the set BEFORE this happened?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Antony.i haven't touched the tv at all. the problem arose when i tried connecting lead to the set to play programs off the pc.thats when things went wrong with the set.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

OK please do this with the set in standby mode OFF, press INFO>>MENU>>MUTE>>Power ON the set should come on with a service menu, navigate to option 12 or 13 "reset" enter here and OK the set may switch off or reboot, let me know that

a The process was successful
b Is the problem resolved or not

Thanks let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried this several times but nothing happens the panel seems to be locked on options.and im unable to access this to.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Did you actually get into service mode?this will be multiple characters on the display

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the panel comes on but seems to be frozen on options.can't get it to respond

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Please try again, the set MUST be off in standby mode red light lit then press these buttons in sequence within 6 seconds INFO>>>MENU>>MUTE theset should come on in service mode

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After several times trying i finally got the set working again.so many thanks Anthony.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Thats great news! one word of warning don't do the same thing again, what happened was you corrupted the firmware, usually that flatlines the set you have got away with that....

Many Thanks
Anthony