info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My television will not turn off by the handset I have got to

My television will not turn off by the handset I have got to turn the power off,also the red light do not come on.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Welcome
Thanks Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ue32f4600akxxu
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
So the set will be running and ON, you press the standby button to switch OFF but nothing happens and you have to switch OFF by the wall, all other functions on the remote control work OK, the set wont go into standby red light lit.

Is the above correct?

If so what happens if you turn the set OFF at the set itself (not the plug)with the on/off switch at the set itself?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anthony there is no on off switch on the tele the only way to switch it on off is at the wall
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes there will be I will find it but I will need the right model number the one you sent is somehow incorrect

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anthony try this number bsut3hed500914m
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
No thats the serial number, it is the one you sent but their wrong digits in it or you have missed a digit

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anthony you are correct new number is *****
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately the manual does not say where it is but does say their is one there, so please look on the front bottom and sides of the set volume/channel change as the on/off button will be there too

Let me know believe me it does have one every set does have one

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anthony found it ,you can switch it on and off
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK you have a problem with the remote control in that case specifically the button /off just to confirm that point the remote at a phone or digital camera and press the button you know work okwhilst viewing the remote through the viewfinder of the camera, you should see a glow from the remote "eye" in the front of the remote now press the on/off button do you see a glow then?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anthony I do not know what have happened but it is now working the red light came on and off and it seems alright
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
It may have cleared when you manually switched the set off

Thats good news anyhow

Please remember to rate the answer positively thank you their will be a rating bar with this post, you can still come back here anytime the thread will never close

Thanks again
Anthony