Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

! my new Sony TV just asked , i have clicked

! my new Sony TV just asked , i have clicked yes (as usually), it went into updating mode saying that it will automatically switch off. However, after about 15-20 minutes it still not switching on. I unplugged tv, and plugged in again, but it stopped reacting at all now. What shall i do please? thank you!

, i am not sure if you have received this question. the TV model is KDL-42W815B. thank you prompt reply! Ludmila

Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and is it still under warranty?
- Does power light on TV lit or blink when press power button on TV or its remote control?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Sharid,

thank you help!

We contacted Sony yesterday, and it seems that update of software which was requested by TV itself, has totally knocked it out. It seems happend in many cases of Sony smart TVs recently. we will have TV replacement soon as it was very new, still on 28 days guarantee.

Answering your questions: TV does not react on any button of remote control, or even plugging off/on (i.e. it still continues "thinking" with a blue light underneath afetr supply of power is back).

Thank you anyway!

best regards

Ludmila

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ludmila,
Glad to know that Sony is going to replace the TV, this kind of problem occurs either due to corrupted firmware update file or update process get interrupted like AC power flicker or internet connection breakdown moment etc that made installed firmware corrupted which stuck in middle of boot up process and either installation of fresh firmware or replacement of main processor board in TV will help to resolve the problem.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website work.
Regards,
Shahid.