Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Why does my tv link(magic eye)not work on my TX-37G10B tele

Customer Question

Why does my tv link(magic eye)not work on my TX-37G10B tele when it works on another tele.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
, In order Sky Magic Eye to work on the Panasonic, you need to connect to the TV's "DVB" coaxial port, and THEN run a channel scan on the Panasonic, trying first "AIR", and if that does not work, then trying "Cable".
You will then go into the MENU, and under "Setup", scroll to the DVB tuning MENU and run a Channel/Auto Scan.
The TV should pick up ONE station, and you will then be able to use the Sky remote to change channels.
The Auto Scan steps are outlined on pages 35-40 of the Panasonic manual:
http://www.southern-discounts.co.uk/instructions/Panasonic/TX-L32G10.pdf
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I run a channel scan I am not given the option of putting air or cable it just runs a scan and says no channel found.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Understood. Are you attempting to run the scan in the DVB menu as indicated above?
Also, are you making sure the Sky EYE and box are turned on before running a scan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry but I don't understand what you mean dvb port, and how do I put air or cable into tele .Sky link is in place and working o/k as I can control the sky box remotely from where this tele is.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Plug into the only coaxial port on the back of the TV if there is only one, and if there are two- with one labeled DVB- then use that one, otherwise just plug into the set.
Next, the specific part I asked was IF you were going into the DVB MENU and then running the scan please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is only one coaxial port and I have tried the dvb menu and ran the scan several times.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Then it sounds like the Panasonic has a bad tuner- since these are the instructions that must be followed. What were you using the set with previously?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just sky and freesat with no problems at all.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
there!
I am Pete, a TV expert based in the UK, and I'll be happy to assist you with this question.
You will need to set the TV to use Analogue input, and run a scan on the Analogue channels to pick up the Sky signal.
If that does not work, try using a different RF output channel on the sky box modulator.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Pete i'll try it tomorrow fingers crossed.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Ok, let me know how it goes!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It all seems to be o/k after changing rf output and scanning again I got bbc2 on this tele I then changed back to rf1 and scanned again and it now seems to be o/k now.

Thank you very much assistance.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome!
A postive rating service would be greatly appreciated :)
Have a great weekend,
Pete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did give a positive as I am well pleased with your help.

William.