Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Toshiba television 24D1433DB , handset 'on', tv light just

Toshiba television 24D1433DB , handset 'on', tv light just flashes red/green, no picture.
Is there anything I can do with it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
and sorry you're having problems.
All that you can do on a user level, is attempt to hard reset the TV by following the steps below:
The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if draining the residual current from the power supply works as a reset. You can try this up to three times.
However if it does not work, then the TV has an internal failure that requires component testing and replacement to fix it.
One common cause of this is the power supply board. There are several capacitors that are prone to going out of spec, and can prevent the TV from powering up. Average cost type of repair is going to be $200 parts and labor.
The other common issue is a faulty Mainboard. This board carries the communication to the power supply to allow the supply to deliver it's voltages to the various circuits in the TV, and is around $250 parts and labor in this set.
To determine which board in the TV is causing the failure, a Tech would need to measure the outputs of the power supply using a meter to see if any are shorted, or if another fault board is causing it to shut down.
I know this is not good news, and I wish there was a quick fix problem . Depending on how long you've owned the set for, this is not likely a cost effective repair, since the TV can be replaced the same cost.
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
, I just wanted and see if you received all of the information you needed?