Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have just purchased a DMR-HWT130 recorder which I need to

I have just purchased a DMR-HWT130 recorder which I need to connect to my existing remotely wall mounted TX-32LXD60A Panasonic TV is there an AV3 to HDMI cable connector that will save me battling to install a 5m HDMI cable connection?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Why is it that you want an AV to HDMI cable, when both the TV and the recorder use HDMI?
The reason I ask, is that to convert and AV signal to HDMI requires a very expensive converter (usually around $150 for one that is reliable), and the signal is compromised- only allowing a standard resolution video signal.
The only other alternative, would be to purchase a Home Theater receiver that "up-converts" AV signals to HDMI, but again this is quite expensive and for one that has a good up-conversion function, you're looking at close to $1,000 for an entry level unit.
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am aware of my original question on the 1st of February which has been resolved, todays question is different. What I am asking is "how do I view a separate Channel when the set is carrying out a timed recording of another channel?" I have tried many different processes but the TV stays on the recording channel, the only solution I have found is to terminate the recording.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, You never rated me or credited me for the original question. Please kindly provide a rating of my service and then you can go on to ask a new question. Thank you.