Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am trying to connect a nest box camera to AV1 on my Panasonic

Customer Question

I am trying to connect a nest box camera to AV1 on my Panasonic Viera TV. I am doing it via the scary socket marked AV1. However when I press the AV button on my remote AV1 is not available as an option. Any help welcome! Ron
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Ron, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

I don't see a model number noted, but most all panasonic tvs operate the same way. If you aren't seeing the desired input come up in the input list, then either there is no signal detected ( a problem with the camera) OR (more likely) the input is disabled.

Nathan :

If you go into the panasonic setup menu, usually under the Option setup section, you should see Input Labels, choose that, and there you can assign a specific name (cable, dvd, etc) to each of the input ports, as well as to "hide" any unused ones. You'll simply need to unhide the scart/av1 selection, and it should then be available .

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.