Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have a year-old Panasonic Viera TV & are currently unable

We have a year-old Panasonic Viera TV & are currently unable to get any normal TV channels, BBC, ITV,etc. we have an Amazon fire cable film viewings via HDMI1.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
info tech :

info tech :

I am switching to q and a

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
So is amazon via hdmi 1 working OK?

If so how are you viewing TV services?is it through an aerial?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Amazon through HDM3

We do not use an aerial

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you have lost me on the amazon fire cable?are you referring to a lead?if so is it a cable box you are viewing TV through?I just need a general way that you watch TV services please

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have a YouView box & only now have been unable to get the usual TV programmes, News,etc.

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Sarah so you are connected via broadband and you get the TV channels through the youview box as well as all your other things like films is that correct?the films you still get but the TV channels are down is that correct?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Have you rebooted the box by unplugging it from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again?if not please do that let it boot up then try again

Let me know the results

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok am doing that now....
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that no luck it says no channel found
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Sarah is their a way to retune the box?I am not familiar with the box specs,

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know how to retune box am going mad with this thing got hdmi 1 again....
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
, My name is ***** ***** I am a different Expert.
I am familiar with the Amazon Fire TV unit, and it uses any of the available Amazon Apps to broadcast on your set to HDMI 1.
Since you're not using an Aerial connection, or any other Cable/SAT connection on the TV- you're limited to what Apps you're able to get through the Amazon Fire TV unit.
In order to get more Apps, you'll need to register and pay Prime. This is the service Amazon uses to play broadcasts on the Fire TV unit.
If you do not already have one, setup an Amazon account and you can then purchase a year of Amazon Prime at the link below:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prime/pipeline/landing?ie=UTF8&hvadid=43377719936&hvdev=c&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvpone=&hvpos=1t1&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvrand=15045522328219451469&ref=pd_sl_9pazds5l0m_b&tag=googhydr-21
You will receive all of this content through HDMI 1 using the Amazon Fire TV.
If you want to get regular local broadcasts, then you'll need an Aerial connection of some sort- either by means of a Cable/SAT/Antenna connection to the TV.
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am an amazon subscriber I want to get back my usual bb. Itv programmes
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I need to know SPECIFICALLY how you receive the BB Itv programs- through what connection on the TV, what device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we had to get in an Engineer, there was a fault in the BT box & it took him 2 hours to fix it ... and then replace the box.