info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have Sony Bravia television and a Sony HXD995 DVD recorder.

Customer Question

I have Sony Bravia television and a Sony HXD995 DVD recorder. Recently, when I pressed the button on the remote to play a recorded programme, the TV indicated that AV4 had been selected but there was no picture. The TV screen remained black with the legend 'AV4' showing. Successive operations of the selector button showed that the usual sequence - that is; AV1,AV2,AV3,AV4,AV5, PC and finally the TV tuner.
What do you suggest?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Sorry you're having problems here, is the recorder connected to AV4 on the back of the TV?have a look it will be marked, follow the lead from the back of the recorder to the TV and at that point on the TV it should be labelled what input it is.

Also how is the recorder connected to the Tv IS IT SCART/HDMI/phono leads?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has been working satisfactorily for the last two years or so. Nothing has been touched or changed, so it must be connected correctly - except that yesterday it failed to connect the two components, as described in my original message.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As per my previous reply, nothing was changed prior to the sudden failure the subject of my original question. Are you able to suggest what might have occurred to cause the problem? It is clearly nothing to do with the connections, which have remained untouched - so what else might it be?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Roger I understand what your saying but I need to understand whats happened in a methodical manner so could you please let me know what I asked earlier thank you we will then move on

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry - I omitted to say what type of connection is used, as you asked.

It is SCART.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Roger OK and I assume its going to one of those inputs you mentioned earlier, you have cycled through these inputs yet the DVD recorder is not coming through, OK have you rebooted the DVD recorder by unplugging it from the wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again?if not please do that, best if you do the same with the TV too please and let meknow if this changes anything

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have you received the information I sent late yesterday, in which I informed you that I had solved the problem?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Roger no as you can see above their are no messages posted,what did you do?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

This is a very condensed version of the lengthy message I sent to you yesterday evening. I can't understand why you have not received it.

The problem is solved. There's a switched splitter box in my system to separate the DVD and Humax box signals. I tried bypassing this and the problem was solved. Seems like I might need a new splitter box.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK Roger thats great news for you.

Let me know if I can do anything else hopefully my input is good enough for a positive rating

Thank You

Anthony