Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I just purchased Sony Bravia 42" TV and we have 3 Sky boxes

Customer Question

Hi I just purchased Sony Bravia 42" TV and we have 3 Sky boxes in our attic as we have 3 Tvs multi room etc and when I plug in the Sony we cannot get on to Sky, I have been this morning to the Sonny supplier who told me it should happen automatically, that is all he could tell me. Well it doesn't and am not the sharpest technology wise so could you please give me an idiots guide to connecting please!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, In order to tell you what must be done, I need to know the following:
1) Model Number off of the back of the Sony.
2) What type of connection is made between the Sky Box and the Sony (Scart, Aerial, HDMI, etc.)?
3) What exactly do you see on the screen of your Sony?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

KDL42W815BSU Bravia 42 "

Cable from the attic Sky box

We can get Netflix and also some local channels of Ireland so TV is working but just cannot hook up to Sky

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, can you please elaborate on:
"Cable from the attic Sky Box"?
What type of cable- coaxial cable (screw on type connection), or RCA cables (colored RCA plugs), or single HDMI cable (high def cable), etc.?
Also, what is the port on the TV labeled where this cable plugs into the TV?