Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Bravia KDL-32S30U 32" LCD purchased 2007 which has

I have a Bravia KDL-32S30U 32" LCD purchased 2007 which has worked satisfactorily. However, 2 days ago I tuned in to Radio 4 (704) and when I changed back to TV via Digital TV Recorder (LPVR168) which I have done countless times I can hear in the background the voices talking on the channel I have just left and it is even doing it when I am changing from one TV channel to another. The channel I am trying to watch has a tinny sound (like listening in a tin can).
I have gone through most of the menu stages and Auto Reset to no avail and feel this is a programming issue rather than a fault but would appreciate some feedback on what I might try.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
It sounds more like the recorder itself may have a software glitch that is causing this.
I'd like you to try a very basic hard reset of the equipment, and if this does not work, then please reply back with the type of connection being used from the recorder to the TV (Scart, HDMI, etc.).
Please disconnect the TV and the recorder from power.
Carefully check that the connecting cables have not been moved from their previous location, and that all connections are tight and secure.
Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release (this resets the EEPROM in the set).
Then plug the recorder and TV back into power.
Once the recorder has rebooted, check a program again and see if the issue is still present.
If you need further assistance, please reply back and do NOT click a BAD or POOR rating. If satisfied with my efforts (not the product or any potential site issues), please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.