Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

. Iam looking TV model partner who has recently

Customer Question

Iam looking for a TV model for my partner who has recently a stroke so therefore I need a model that has a programme timer on it. So we can choose her programmes at least 24 hrs in advance.I am myself Deaf and have went in vanous stores but hard to explain what I need in the TV. Programme timer, subtitles & no bigger than 32".
Thank you in advance on this matter
Regard L Mellis
Category: TV
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Wes :

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page press CTRL+D, so you can return here if we get disconnected. If the TV will be connected to a cable or other type of tuner box, these features will not be usable since the tuning is controlled by the Set-Top Box. The program guides for some of these devices do have a feature that will switch the channel at the appointed time RCA's using program guides for over-the-air programming had this feature, but with digital boxes becoming commonplace, those features have begun to disappear. So, that brings up the question of how this person will receive the programming for the TV, will it be over-the-air, or via a box.

Wes :

The subtitles feature (or closed captioning) is available on virtually all TVs now, so that won't be a problem to find.