Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

we are trying to connect a pioneer reciever to a sony flat

Customer Question

Hi we are trying to connect a pioneer reciever to a sony flat scteen tv without success. The reciver is checking the speakers but then comes up on the font as error. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What's the Model Number of the Pioneer?
What's the model number off the back of the TV?
What type of "Error" are you getting- what else does it say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Aric, pioneer vsx 424-k , tv sony kdl 37ex503. Reading error on screen reads error fch . Do we need to use optical digital chord which was not supplied.? Kate

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kate, first off- the "Errir FCH" message has nothing to do with how the receiver is connected to the TV- it's telling you that one of your "Front Channel Speakers" is connected poorly and there is a short circuit at the speaker wire. You will need to unplug the receiver from power, and the carefully disconnect and reconnect all Front speakers to the receiver. Make sure no bare strands of wire are touching adjacent wires at both the receiver and the speakers themselves.
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.