Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I bought a toshiba tv approx 2 years ago. The signal has suddenly

Customer Question

I bought a toshiba tv approx 2 years ago. The signal has suddenly disappeared but the sound is ok. The model number is32D1333DB
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, when you say "the signal has suddenly disappeared"- are you saying the screen actually shows "No Signal"?
Or are you saying the screen is completely black- and you cannot even pull up MENU, or Input icons on the TV using the original remote?
If the screen is black, is it slightly "backlit" (meaning slightly lighter than if the set were OFF)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The screen is black no signal. I cannot pull up menu or input icons.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.
This typically indicates a fault in the TV's backlights- which are what light up the screen.
If you have not already, please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Wait a full minute, plug the set back in- and press power once.
Let me know what happens please.