Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have just had my LG TV BACK FROM KNOWHOW FIFTH

Hi I have just had my LG TV BACK FROM KNOWHOW FOR THE FIFTH TIME! Originally the main board ? was faulty, so they replaced it free of charge. but since then the TV does not give out any picture or sound through HDMI 1,2 OR 3 outputs. I have changed the cables . phoned sky the did checks on the sky box ,they then asked me to fit a scart lead. low & behold, there was picture & sound on AV but that means still no picture & sound on my blue ray DVD. Knowhow insist that there is nothing wrong with the TV.
Help. this has been going on since November.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the complete model number off of your TV?
This info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LG55LA660V

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ann for the info.
- Have you tried to upgrade TV firmware (internal software) that might help to resolve HDMI input problem?
If not yet then please check following LG link, click Software Update and download Software File(Version 04.04.05) along with Software Upgrade Guide for detailed instructions to proceed...
http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-55LA660V#
Above is the only user level option to resolve HDMI input problem and if it doesn't help then I'm afraid it is definitely hardware related issue and main board of TV will need to be replaced, sorry for this news.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.