Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have just watched a program on you view and can't get the

I have just watched a program on you view and can't get the television back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Do you mean the tv is stuck on the screen for the youview app?

Can you try pressing the SOURCE/INPUT button on the sony tv remote, you may need to press that multiple times to cycle through the different options to get back to your cable/satellite box, antenna, etc.

Customer:

I can't find the source input button. My remote is a talk talk one. It is stuck on screen on the last program I watched.

Customer:

I am not satisfied with the answer, it hasn't helped me at all and you are now off line. I would like to cancel my deposit please.

Nathan :

I apologize for missing you earlier; just as you were offline when I responded initially, I am unable to wait in the chat at all times as well. This is intended to be a back and forth conversation, not an instant fix. You can simply write back to me if you have further questions.

I specifically noted that you need to use the SONY tv remote for this. The talk talk remote will not work for this purpose, as it isn't capable of controlling the tv functions.

Nathan :

Please try this again, with the proper remote, and you'll find the appropriate button to resolve the issue.

Customer:

It is the only remote I have and I haven't had this problem before

Customer:

It is used for both television and talktalk box

Customer:

When I came into this conversation I thought you were the official talktalk help line

Nathan :

No, this is a paid support site and I am an independent tech. Just because you haven't had the problem before doesn't associate this with either remote or device. If you're using the youview app within the talk talk box, then it could apply there. As I have no detail to work with here, such as the model number of the tv, and didn't even know you had a talk talk box, I wasn't able to comment on those factors. Talk talk wouldn't help you here, they'd tell you it's a sony problem, and sony would point the finger at talk talk.

If you get it through the box, unplug power to the actual talk talk box (not the tv) for 60 seconds to reboot it.

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** what you suggested and I am back on television.