Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

why does theDVB TV Guide not show me all the coming programmes?

why does theDVB TV Guide not show me all the coming programmes? for example at the moment ITV sows Judge Rin then from 3.oopm there is a blank. Nothing showing at all for BBC3 and BBC4
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Nathan :

Often this is just temporary, as the guide data can sometimes be delayed in downloading, or some of the channels may not have uploaded their data to the guide properly.

Nathan :

You can try looking in the guide/menu options for a Refresh, Update, or Retune function, which may resolve the issue. Beyond that, it is usually just a matter of waiting until the system syncs up again, at which point the proper data should return.

Nathan :

If you still have issues after that, let me know the full make/model of your system, and I"ll advise further.

Customer:

Nathan,this problem seems to have started when the analogue system was turned off ie about the end of August. In order to retune the tv it says I should have the tv in analogue mode so does this mean I cannot effectively retune it ? Is there another way?? Do I have to get a tv engineer in to redirect the dish?? The tv is a Panasonic TX-32LXD60 and the problem has got steadily worse since then

Nathan :

Well for the most part all analog is disabled and no longer transmitting. Your tv model may not be able to pick up guide data from the digital channels properly.

Nathan :

You mentioned a dish though, do you use a dish, or an aerial? Is there a cable/satellite BOX, or just a connection from the dish/aerial direct to the tv?