Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Toshiba TV will not turn on

Toshiba TV will not turn on
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions and would like to say that if you seem to lose me in the conversation then just refresh this window or manually scroll down to the last line , it does not auto scroll down to the last reply.
That being said;

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Did it quit while watching it or simply would not turn on today ?

Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

doing nothing,no lights nor clicks

would not turn on last evening

Toshiba Regza, 37XV55OP

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

O.k then this makes it fairly easy to start with as far as diagnostic goes .

The very first suspect in this case would be your tv`s power supply circuit .

I don`t know if you had in mind to look into repairing this yourself but if you`ll give me a few minutes , i will get you the details for a "do it yourself " or shop type of repair .

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Sorry this takes a while , having a hard time finding any spare parts for this model.

Did you wish to look into repairing this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the possible costs of repair ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Whats involved

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

O.k then this is 37" model and the power board for it will cost around 40 to 50 euro and then you can add approx. 75 euro to have it replaced by a shop and that is if you take it to them , at home could easily go to 100 euro + parts.

That is if the power board is the only problem .

This will require some preliminary troubleshooting with meters to confirm .

If you ever decide to look into this yourself and replace that board , just give me the part number written directly on your board and i will find it for you.

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today ,like some sort of reset but this is not the case i`m afraid , you cannot reset a tv that is completely dead .
Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.

Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.