Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSFER THE EDITED CHANNEL LIST (TV & SATELLITE)

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSFER THE EDITED CHANNEL LIST (TV & SATELLITE) FROM ONE L.G.TV TO ANOTHER L.G.TV USING A MEMORY STICK OR SIMILAR.
HOW CAN I RESET A LOST PASSWORD ***** A L.G. TELEVISION.
THANKS
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Nathan :

Both of these questions really depend on the model.

Nathan :

For the most part though, no, you cannot.

Nathan :

There are a few cases where this is possible, but it will only apply to lg tvs that are designed for hospitality (hotel and hospital) use, and have a special hospitality function in the service menu. Those models can have a master configuration loaded to an external memory device and then programmed to each tv. However even transferring that programming only works between units of the same model/series. There is no universal configuration that would accomplish what you are looking for unfortunately.

Nathan :

Regarding the password, you'd typically need a special service/installer remote to access the service menu and complete a factory restore of the tv from there.

Customer: I am also an installer and have been installing quite a lot of LG Tv's
Customer: lately which is why I asked the question. It only relates to LG TV's .
Nathan :

I understand your question, and that you are referring to LG only, but as I mentioned, this would be possible only for a few select models, and even then the settings would apply only to transfer between units of the same model. So if you are installing tvs in homes for clients they are most likely all buying different series/models, and this transfer option would not be available.