info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

. I have a LG 4kd 65 inch tv in my converted loftspace. I

Customer Question

Hi. I have a LG 4kd 65 inch tv in my converted loftspace. I seem to get shadowing and some ghosting on sports broadcasts. I bought it primarily for sport so I am disappointed with the quality. Is there something I should be adjusting?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How are you viewing TV services in the loftspace?aerial/cable/satellite?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Through Sky satellite

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Nigel did you have another set in there before getting this new one ?if so did you use satellite then with that set?what was the quality of the pic like then?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Recent loft conversion so first tv in there

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK its possible the TV is not the issue, the way to verify that is to try a DVD player, if the DVD player is good quality and you have no issues with the pic then its very likely to be a problem either with the box OR the wiring you have from the box to the TV, if its NOT good please let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Anthony I will try this later

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes let me know the results of the check ideally if your using HDMI with the TV for satellite then use HDMI for the DVD ,try and use the same input for however your viewing satellite, the check will eliminate or condemn the set we move on from that

Anthony