info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Have a 42 inch Flat screen Hitachi LCD TV. Have an intermittent

Have a 42 inch Flat screen Hitachi LCD TV.
Have an intermittent problem turning it on.
When it comes on its a great picture.
With power to the set, there is a red LCD light.
The TV remote turns on the set and the red lamp becomes a constant blue colour, but with my set the blue light comes and goes.
When the blue lamp is constant, the SKY remote turns the lamp green. and there is a great picture.
But my problem is that I rarely get a CONSTANT blue lamp showing.
Can you advise?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Customer:

Welcome

Customer:

Thanks for the Question

Customer:

I will need the model number found on the back of the set?

Customer:

Anthony

JACUSTOMER-neid7uj8- :

Model Nr. L42VC04U

JACUSTOMER-neid7uj8- :

Serial Nr V00511547

JACUSTOMER-neid7uj8- :

Hitachi 42 inch Wide Flat Screen LCD TV

JACUSTOMER-neid7uj8- :

Do you need anything further?

JACUSTOMER-neid7uj8- :

Serial Nr V00511547

JACUSTOMER-neid7uj8- :

Model Nr L42VC04U

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry we have a problem with the chat can you please post the model number here thank you

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model Nr L42VC04U

Serial Nr V00511547

I thought I had already answered you but just in case it was not received well, I list the details again above.

Alan Bennett

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
These sets can suffer from bad capacitors on the powerboard they will need to be visually checked or you could upload a photo and I will have a look at them?you will need to get the back off the set trace the powercord to the powerboard, you use the paperclip on your tool bar to upload a photo

Thanks let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony.

Have removed back of set and found the power board.

There are several capacitors fitted.

There are no obvious burn/char marks but I noticed 2 of the capacitors are a little deformed in that it looks like they are about to burst at one end (top silver cover).

I will try to send you photos tomorrow as its already 1930hrs here in UK.

Do you think we have found the problem?

Alan Bennett

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Alan its almost certain to be those bad capacitors, hopefully replacing them all should be well can you use a soldering iron?if not you will need to replace the complete powerboard

Let me know

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Eureka!

You were spot on.

In fact there were 3 slightly disformed capacitors which needed to be changed on the Power Board and now the TV works perfectly.

Many thanks for your assistance in pinpointing the problem.

Alan Bennett

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Thats great news Alan!

Glad to help

Thanks again

Anthony