Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Samsung tv 64inch screen replacment could it be fix and how

Samsung tv 64inch screen replacment could it be fix and how much would it cost
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Nathan :

Can you please tell me the full model number of the tv, and a description of what has happened to it?

Customer: the screen is crack it's samsung plasma tv 64 inch model no ps64f8500st and model code is ps64f8500stxxu smart tv could u tell me were I can get fix from in birmingham thank u
Nathan :

Thank you for the information.

Nathan :

Unfortunately, getting this fixed will be nearly impossible, and impractical.

When a plasma screen is cracked, the internal gasses escape. The entire plasma display panel has to be replaced. This is almost never practical, unless it failed due to a manufacturing defect and is replaced under warranty. Even then, samsung will almost never fix it, they'll typically replace the entire tv.

Nathan :

The cost of the panel alone is about 90% of a new tv.

Nathan :

It is also large, heavy, and expensive to ship, and very labor intensive to install.

Nathan :

Even for an experienced tech it can take many hours, and is a difficult job to fully strip down the tv to its bare individual components and rebuilt it around the new panel.

Nathan :

For a 2013 model, the panel is no longer in production, and won't be readily available as a replacement part.

Nathan :

I can certainly help you find the closest samsung tech, but I would advise replacement of the tv over repairs. You'll spend less in the long run to buy a new tv, and you'd get a fresh warranty as well.

Nathan :

Also since only the screen is damaged, you can part out the tv to recoup some of your investment. You can sell the tv as is to a repair shop or hobbyist looking to do this on their own, or you can take the tv apart yourself. On ebay or amazon, you can reasonably expect £75-125 each for the power and main boards, and about half that for the x/y main boards, etc

Customer: Thanks for advice how much would replacement tv cost that size used or new
Nathan :

You're welcome.

Nathan :

Here is a replacement model I'd suggest.

Nathan :

On average for a 65" size you'll be in the 1200-2000 range, depending on brand/model/features

Customer: Could u find me the cheapest one new or used in birmingham don't mind any brand
Nathan :

I can provide some alternate recommendations,

Customer: Thank u
Nathan :

but I wouldn't recommend going with a "cheaper" brand. If you need to save money, I'd suggest going with a smaller screen size, rather than sacrificing quality.

Nathan :

I recommend sticking to the name brands, which tend to be the most reliable, such as Panasonic, Sharp, Samsung, LG, Vizio, Sony. The “off brand” sets just aren’t worth the savings, they have high failure rates and are poorly supported if parts/repairs are ever needed.

Nathan :

I would also suggest buying online, you'll get free delivery in most cases, and a lower purchase price than in store. I would avoid a used tv, you won't get a warranty, which is important as these big tvs fail frequently and are expensive to fix.

Nathan :

If you really want this size and low cost, here is one that would fit:
Finlux 65-Inch 1080p Full HD Smart LED TV with Freeview HD (click for link), but I would not personally recommend this brand.

Nathan :

Price goes down considerably by dropping to a 60 inch instead of 65 inch, if you'd prioritize price over cost.

Nathan :

I can't recommend a specific seller in your town, as I'm in the US, and as I'm not personally familiar with a particular seller, I'd hesitate to give a recommendation of one.

Nathan :

You should be able to find these or similar models at any local electronics seller though.

Customer: Thank u
Nathan :

You're welcome, and my apologies for the bad news today. Depending on the cause of the damage, it may be worth filing an insurance claim to see if they would offer any coverage for you.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”, even if the news was not. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan

Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.