info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Samsung HDTV P2270HD the picture keeps breaking up

I have a Samsung HDTV P2270HD the picture keeps breaking up and freezing.
Sian
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Sian it sounds like your viewing TV services through an aerial is that correct?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Sian their is only two things that can be causing the problem now I appreciate you may not like what I say but thats the way it is so please try to understand, the MOST likely cause is the reception so what that means is where the aerial is mounted/has the aerial moved with weather conditions assuming its on the roof/the downlead/right upto the coax plug that goes into the set/the area where you live/ now the way to prove and verify that is to try another set in the same location using the same coax lead if thats bad too you have reception issues that may mean you need an aerial rigger to sort out.

If the test set is good then you have a problem with the tuner inside the set you will need to get back to me if thats the case.

Using a booster whilst reception is poor only boosts the poor signal so can make things worse

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not at home so will try tonight and respond tomorrow.

Sian

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes thats no problem bookmark this page and get back to me, the question will remain open as long as you need it

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried another TV in socket worked fine and tried Samsung TV in every other room and problem still occurred. Therefore, guessing the problem is with the TV.

thanks

Sian

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes thats good enough proof, you need to replace the mainboard do you think you can do that yourself?I will provide all the relevant info, as an overview the back of the set needs to come off, the board unplugged and unscrewed from the chassis and removed, I will provide suppliers of the board its the reverse to fit, let me know if you think you can do this

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How much would it cost for part, as I beginning to think it will be as cheap to get a new tv, as I have spent £15.00 on booster and £20.00 on your good self.

Sian

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Yes thats the problem it could be around £50 for the board and sometimes with smaller sets like this it is a better option just to replace it, if you wish to continue however I will keep on helping

Sian I dont receive any credit until you rate the answer positively their will be a rating bar with this post thank you

Anthony