Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Can the Panasonic Smart Viera bought in UK be used in Nigeria.

Customer Question

Can the Panasonic Smart Viera bought in UK be used in Nigeria. I bought one at the recommendation of sales reps in Currys Croydon, had it crated and shipped to Nigeria but I it gives default locations of United Kingdom and Ireland. What is the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, The TV being used in Nigeria is a yes and no answer. Yes, it can operate off of the AC mains over there, and you can connect any HDMI based, or AV based device to the TV- (as these formats of connection are universal), but the TV's tuner is not designed to scan for the OTA or cable signal that is in Nigeria.
So, the salesman was mostly correct in that the TV can be used, but what he failed to mention is that you would have to be outfitted with either a Cable/SAT or Digital Converter box in order to receive broadcasts. The box will then connect to the TV via HDMI or the AV jacks on the back. This is how the TV will pick up broadcasts in Nigeria- but with no external converter box- it will not pick up a direct Cable/AIR signal.
These boxes should be able to be purchased locally.
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied with my efforts please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received all of the information you needed? If so, could you please rate my service as POSITIVE- so that I am credited?