Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

can you help please. I have just bought a Samsung smart

Hi can you help please. I have just bought a Samsung smart TV. Having no terrestrial Arial I have successfully connected it to Freesat. however I want to connect a sky plus box in another room using the 2nd Ariel output lead (it is too far for a HDMI cable). Please can you advise on how to set up so TV recognises the sky channel playing on the sky receiver.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Once the Sky box is connected, Press ‘Services’ on the Sky remote, then type 4 0 1 and press ‘Select’ (HD boxes: ‘Services’ , 0 0 1 then ‘Select’)
Select the “RF outlets” option
Change the RF channel number to a number of your choosing (between 21 and 68). It’s important not to clash with a TV service on the same number. If you find that one of your TV channels goes fuzzy, change the RF channel number again.
Then perform an Auto Tune on the TV on that aerial channel and it should now pick it up.
Let me know the results please