Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

My TV is connected to SKY tv. I have had good pictures but

Customer Question

My TV is connected to SKY tv. I have had good pictures but now I have a situation where, when I switch on the TV at the sife of the TV i get channel 68 instead of 1. I cannot get to SKY from here and only have a blue screen. I have tried switching everything off and rebooting and I am back where i was - very frustrated¬, ack
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Any chance your HELPmote control has a TV button at the top that let's you turn the TV on and off and change the TV's channel numbers instead of the Sky box's channels?

If you had the Original TV remote, you could just press 01 and enter to get it back to channel 1.

Your Helpmote is a multifunction remote - it controls the Sky box and should be programmable to operate your TV too. By selecting "TV" it should be able to operate your TV, and then you can switch it back to Sky or Cable to control the Sky box.

If it's been programmed already, that Helpmote should turn your TV on and off and adjust its volume setting.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response. I have solved the problem. My finger trouble. I have never looked before but there is are channel changer buttons next to the on/of button and I must have pushed the wrong one wen I went to bed the night before. I will claim to be tired but sober !!!!

Thanks - all fine now. - Jack . . .

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Oh, you didn't try the channel buttons. It's unusual for most my customers to actually use the buttons on the TV set

I thought you may have accidently hit the channel buttons on your remote control and changed it. Usually that's the case. Then you couldn't get the remote to change channels because it was in cable mode, not tv mode.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks! Jack

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can provide you with some additional assistance. You should be able to change the channel either by using the channel up and down buttons or by punching in the channel number directly on the keypad. Just make sure that your TV is on the correct input so that you are seeing the video from the box on which the channels are changing. Please let me know if you still have questions.
Mike