Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have a samsung blue ray 3d dvd which when connected to my

Customer Question

I have a samsung blue ray 3d dvd which when connected to my 55" Samsung 3d tv. When playing a dvd it will convert the 2d image to 3d but will not identify 3d. A message comes up on the tv when a 3d only disc is playing "your blue-ray player has not detected that it is connected to a 3d display" but it is? so why is it not playing in 3d please?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Are you using an HDMI 1.4 cable or something earlier? 3d over hdmi in this list shows you which cable can send that 3D signal to your TV.

Check it out, make sure you have HDMI 1.4