Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

our aerial TV has bad signal always

Hi our aerial TV has bad signal always
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please elaborate 'bad-signal'?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just like attached file.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the picture.
Do you get similar picture if connect external video source such as DVD player etc to TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, from external video sourse.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
To clarify, you get normal picture through external video sources, is this correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Sue for the info.
There are two possible causes of the problem, either aerial isn't good or connected securely with the TV or tuner inside TV is not working properly.
Please check if the aerial is hooked securely in TV then run auto channel scan in TV so TV will scan and update available channel data to see if it helps to resolve the problem.
If it doesn't help then tuner will need to be replaced which is mounted on main board and if tuner isn't available separately then entire main board will be replaced to resolve the problem. If TV is still under warranty then it would not cost you any money.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I scanned already and nothing is changed

Can u use Skype for solving this?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sue,
Is it possible to connect the aerial pin to another TV as a test to see if picture appears normal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi i have only one TV

And i pulled out aerial pin from ee TV box

AND CONNECTED TO TV, THEN IT GOT BETTER. But still has bad signal

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sue,
What is 'ee TV box' that you are referring here?