Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Samsung LE32A436T1D TV and am thinking of buying a

I have a Samsung LE32A436T1D TV and am thinking of buying a Samsung BD-F5100 Network Blu-ray and DVD Player to connect to it but I see it only has a connection for hard wiring to the internet hub. Is it possible to buy and fit a suitable wireless adapter/connector to enable a wireless connection? e.g. my sky box is fitted with such a device.
Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Regards ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

Actually it would cost more to buy the BD-F5100 plus the usb wifi adapter then it would to just buy a BD-F5700 that has wifi built in. In fact the 5700 costs less than the 5100 not even counting the wifi adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUY59Z8 $90 5700

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFDHV9E $105 5100

Let me know if you need more help and before you go, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.

Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with these products. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.

Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** you are probably in the US?

Here the price of the BDF 5100 is UK £49

and the BD5700 is UK £170 and is not a recent model here in the UK.

You did not answer the question I asked about whether a suitable adapter was available for the 5100

There are several other Samsung players available here with built in wifi but are expensive so hence my question.

It doesn't look as though you can help me on this occassion.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Too bad prices there are so wacky!

Here is the USB wifi adapter that will work with the 5100:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007E7QCAO

Please don't forget to click the positive rating before you go.