info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My pioneer tv PDP-507XD keeps going off and the blue light

My pioneer tv PDP-507XD keeps going off and the blue light keeps flashing until its turned off the booksays it will take about a minute to reset but ours takes at least 20mins.Then it works until you give another commaned to the remote to change to a different aspect ratio or a command to the amp.it then starts all over again.The tv apart from this is picture perfect.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

The first thing to do is unplug the set from the wall wait 10 minutes then replug the set back in again.............. has this changed anything?

Let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dear ***** I did as you said and i started to watch a film to test I changed from one to the other and it worked.however whenI halted the film for later.BINGO back to the same problem.thanks for your input but its one of those where expletives dont work.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
The light will be blinking and pausing, firstly what colour is the light, secondly what is the blink rate between pauses please ?like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks as an example

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again, the light is blue and there are 8 blinks per cycle.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
You have a problem with the set thats a problem usually a digital board issuebut could be powerboard investigations with a meter to determine what board is bad and then an assessment to see if the board can be repaired to component level or replaced is done, now I can help you with that should you be practical can use small tools a meter and soldering iron?
These sets now are scarce so if parts are available they will be expensive, you have to consider repair against replacement.

Let me know your thoughts here

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In answer to your question I have no metre but I am quite capable with tools side of things. Thank you for your service. I will try and source a metre from my cousins son.

Tank you for now I will be in touch.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK let me know thank you please also be aware because of the scarce of the boards it may be necessary to repair the board so a soldering iron will be needed to

Anthony