Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a TX L32G20BA. Freeview is starting to have channel

Customer Question

I have a TX L32G20BA. Freeview is starting to have channel numbers <100 but my set will not accept two digit channel numbers. How do I solve this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

this is a limitation of the tvs internal tuner, which isn't set up for this at the moment.

Nathan :

You can try forcing it by typing in a 0 before the last 2 digits, and try manually programming in each station in the manual add/tune part of the menu in the same manner. Beyond that it is a software issue that you can't resolve.
The only way to resolve that would be if/when Panasonic releases a firmware update for this model that would add that capability.

Nathan :

For a 2010 model tv, it isn't highly likely that they will update it, as they typically only provide updates for the first few years after a model comes out.

Nathan :

The last (and only) update for this model was in 2013. If you don't have that yet, you can go ahead and install it,

Nathan :

You can access the update file here: http://bit.ly/1ExTVfm

Nathan :

First check if you need it:
Press [Menu] button to display Main Menu
Select "Setup" in Main menu, then System Setup, System Information, Software Version

Nathan :

If your current version is smaller than 2712, then complete the update

Nathan :

by downloading the above file to your computer, uncompress the .zip contents to a sd memory card, and inserting that to the tv

Nathan :

If this does not resolve the issue you can await a future update from Panasonic, though honestly that is unlikely to happen. If they don't release an update, your next option would be to purchase an external set top box (decoder/converter box) to pick up those stations, in lieu of using the tvs internal tuner.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.