Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

SHARP TELEVISION MODEL LC-22DV240K - television suddenly went

SHARP TELEVISION MODEL LC-22DV240K - television suddenly went off on Friday morning. Friend has checked socket plug and changed the fuse but still no television!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this, I need to ask you for more information.
1) How long have you owned the set for please?
2) Are there currently ANY signs of life at all on the TV (power light lit or blinking, etc.)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Five years at the most

No sign of life on TV - power light not lit

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. No power light lit at all, indicates a hardware failure in the TV in most cases. More specifically the power supply board has failed. However sometimes this can be cause by a locked up processor and a hard reset of the TV would be the next step.
Please disconnect the set form power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the TV back in and press power once. If subsequent tries do not work, then please repeat this up to three more times and let me know what happens.
Additionally, if you find this does not work, please let me know if you are looking to repair the set yourself and I will dig for a source to purchase the power board.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure if you had any luck, but if not- this indicates that the power supply PCB within the set is not functioning (due to a hardware failure), and would need to be replaced. If you're looking to perform a DIY repair, the power board for your set can be purchased at the link below:
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/tv-entertainment/tv-spares/pcb-power-psu-boards/vestel-17pw80/pcb-power-board-vestel-17pw80-24v-23030194-sharp-etc.htm
However if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will typically charge you $150 parts and labor for this repair (which is typically not cost effective on a 22" TV of 5 years of age- since the TV can be replaced for about the same money).
If you need further assistance let me know.
NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my time. You can follow up as needed at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help. I could not actually find a power button on the TV itself (which is why it took me so long upstairs)!

So I shall ask my husband for a new TV for Easter.

Margaret Gardner

07721 845677

21/03/15