Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have already tried to submit this question. My TV 22D 1334B

Customer Question

Have already tried to submit this question. My TV 22D 1334B 22" will no longer power on and has no standby light. I have checked sockets and fuse and connections.
There is a black swivel switch to LHS of the screen which I have depressed for 3 full secs.
The TV has not been knocked or damaged in any way. is there any more I can do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Aric :

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Did this issue occur after a storm or power outage? Have you also tested any voltages on the power board with a meter yet?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If there is no sign of the standby light, and no initial relay click when the set is plugged in, then you're usually looking at a failed power board. The power board for your set can be purchased at the link below if you're looking to perform a DIY repair on this set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Working-17IPS61-3-V-1-160913-Power-Supply-Board-for-TOSHIBA-22D1334B-/181684277600?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item2a4d3a1160
If you need further assistance let me know.
NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my service. You can follow up at any time as needed for no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
This is common failure in these sets as the SMPS boards have components which can fail with no warning and for no reason. No outside influences are needed as a catalyst for the power board failing. If there's no sign of life on the TV at all- then your power board is not generating any DC voltages and should be replaced to fix the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thought I'd reply before I click your rating. [good]. I know where I am now and looked up price of power board, £35 ish.

not sure I shld take the back off ! it was a bit of an expt as a tv and I think I'll go for a better quality one in view of your advice.

thanks

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. This isn't uncommon in these sets after a few years, and not an expensive repair, but if you're considering a new TV as an option- now may be the best time for that! Best wishes and thank you for the rating, Aric