Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have just bought the Panasonic TX-42a400b tv, if we have

We have just bought the Panasonic TX-42a400b tv, if we have a dvd player and a set top box do we need 1 scart lead to connect the set top box and dvd player, then a further scart lead to connect the dvd player to the scart socket on the tv, as we only have one scart socket on the dvd player.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Jack :

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions

Jack :

Does that dvd have HDMI beside scart ?

Jack :

In any case the scart will go to the tv , you cannot plug the set top box there

Jack :

So I guess that yes you need 2 scart cables , one for the STB and the other for DVD or use a hdmi if you have it

Jack :

Actually just saw that your tv has only 1 scart input so you need to use a hdmi somewhere or component cables

Customer:

Hi there jack yes the dvd does have a hdmi socket.

Jack :

If either your STB or DVD has a HDMI or component type terminals beside the scart then that could be used

Jack :

O.k then that will be the way to go , the STB with scart and dvd with hdmi

Customer:

Ahh i'll give it a go.

Jack :

Hope this help and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.