MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

Samsung dvd recorder HR734 will not start. Power switch appears

Samsung dvd recorder HR734 will not start. Power switch appears to be dead. Checked plug fuse and wall socket. Removed cover and tested power input inside(O.K.) Tried switch inside case but no joy. Help would be appreciated.
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
How old is your DVD recorder?
Also are you aware of any power outages or power surges that may have happened recently?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tech Michael,

I have scrapped the machine as it was rather old and the tuner was out of date. I will purchase a new one shortly.

Regards.

Hi Tudor,
in your case the switch doesn't usually fail. What happens is the power supply portion usually will have a component fail and that causes the issue you have.
I would have gotten there with you as well, so you did the right thing because between parts and labor, it would cost almost as much as a new machine and the new ones are less expensive these days and have more features for the money.
I wish you the best with your new unit and if you have any further questions please ask me ;-)
Thank you and have a great Easter.
Tech Michael